Saturday

What I Believe

The theme of this essay is, "I believe". I believe I am going to begin by having a beer, which I truly believe is a great aid to creativity. I believe I am going to call it my muse.




I believe that I am nothing more or less than a crazy mixed up kid who grew up to be a crazy mixed up woman. I believe that I am just as good as I am evil and just as insane as I am sane.


I believe that a contradiction of terms is always a great start for a conversation.

I believe that life is not to be taken seriously, except for God, and I believe that God has a sense of humor. I believe that is why he made monkeys so silly acting and giraffes so silly looking.


I believe in the theories of creation, evolution and alien genetic experimentation. I believe the fact that we are all here is proof of all three.






I believe in practicing faith, keeping hope, and being spiritual. I believe that most religions started out being truthful. Now I believe that most religious books contain only grains of the truth with more being left out, rearranged and outright changed than what was originally left in. I believe in one God with many names who loves us all....unconditionally.


I believe the World could do with more unconditional love.


I believe that life begins with a passionate moment and that you should try to sustain that all of your life.

I believe that all things should be passionate. I believe in passionate eating. I believe you should chew and swirl your foods and drinks in your mouth. I believe in finger foods.

I believe in passionate tenets. You should stand up and be heard in your opinions just as often as you sit back and listen. I believe in speaking my mind, even when I am out of it.

I believe in passionate 2 hour lovemaking and passionate quickies. I believe in passionate perversions. I believe in passionate emotions and passionate actions.

I believe that you should be passionate about your family and passionate about your friends. I believe in unconditional love. I believe that love and discipline are not necessarily separate.

I believe in passion. I believe that passion is wasted when it only refers to sex. I believe that great sex is preferable to great wealth and I believe that a great life is preferable to a great vocation.

I believe in taking chances and paying your dues. I believe in attempting the impossible just to prove a point. I believe that scars are beautiful proof of surviving life.

I believe in finishing what I start.

I believe that if something doesn’t actually breathe, then it really isn’t worth much. I believe in the intrinsic value of life.

I believe in taking responsibility for my actions, good or bad.

I believe in "I’m sorry". I believe in forgiving. I believe that sometimes good people make bad mistakes and that bad people can make a good effort. I believe that people can change sometimes. I believe they can change back.

I believe in always playing to win, even against beginners. I believe in finishing a game even if you are losing. I believe that winners deserve a victory dance. I don’t believe that losers should be forced to thank a bunch of gloating winners for a good game. I believe the proper response to that is "I’m gonna get you next time Sucka". I believe in rematches. I believe in learning from your losses.

I believe that if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. I believe if that doesn’t work, maybe you should hire the job out. I believe that life is too short to waste much time doing something you don’t particularly like very much and/or aren’t very good at. I believe that is why we are not alone.

I believe that all children, even other peoples brats, are a gift to the world and that we should listen to their simple wisdom. I believe too many people pay too much attention to what their children are eating and not enough attention to what their children are thinking. I believe that children deserve certain rights, including safety and respect. I believe that there is no such thing as quality time, only time and you should give your children as much of that as you possibly can.



I believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Irish faeries, Leprechauns, and the Easter Bunny but not the Great Pumpkin (well maybe just a little). I believe in making your own Halloween costumes. I believe they should be scary.

I believe that making up stories is not the same as lying. I believe in pretending.

I believe in playing in the rain. I believe in squishing your toes in the mud. I believe that every child should at least eat one real worm. I believe that a child who always has a clean face and hands has terrible parents. I believe that children should be filthy by the end of every day. I believe a clean child is not having enough fun.

I believe that birthdays are the most important holidays of all.

I believe in thanking my Mother for all she went through to bring me out on my birthday.

I believe in love that lasts forever and in love that lasts a while. I believe in love at first sight, second sight, and I believe sometimes it grows out of long long friendships. I believe that there really is a very thin line between love and hate.

I believe in a woman’s right to choose, but I believe that the choice ought to be life.

I believe in always saying Hello and Goodbye. Even when it hurts.

I believe in keeping promises or not making them. I believe that a person is only as good as their word.

I believe that we put too much stock in maturity and not enough stock in immaturity. I believe we try too hard to be grown up and not hard enough to keep the wonderment of a child. I believe in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th childhoods. I believe in having even more if you can.

Now I believe I am going to have another beer. C’mere Muse!

No comments: